Cold Laser Therapy
Therapeutic lasers are designed to stimulate your body’s own cells to promote healing and repair
How it works according to Dr Dan Murphy DC, DABCO:
Every cell in the human body contains hundreds of mitochondria. The mitochondria is considered the power plant of the cell. The electron transport chain(ETC) produces adenosine triphosphate (ATP), the electron transport chain resides in the mitochondria. Low-level laser therapy increases the production of ATP or energy. According to Biomedical Photonics Handbook in 2003, the light emitted from the laser is absorbed by the mitochondria photoreceptors, this enhances the production ATP or energy. The increase production of ATP will help the recovery process of acute and chronic musculoskeletal pain, decrease inflammation, heal burns, and reduce inflammation associated with chronic auto-immune diseases.
Laser therapy is well known for its benefits in recovery and rehabilitation of sports related injuries by decreasing inflammation, reduction of pain, and improvement of mobility.
1) Therapeutic lasers are safe and effective
2) Are often under utilizatized
3) In the appropriate hands, have no undesirable effects
4) Lasers are “sterile, painless, and often less expensive than methods already in use”
5) “Laser therapy of wounds is ideal, since it promotes healing and reduces pain at the same time”
6) “Laser light increase the cell’s ATP energy”
*The 6 points above are according to, Jan Turner and Lars Hode, authors of: Laser Therapy Clinical Practice and Scientific Background.
It costs money to stay healthy, but it’s even more expensive to get sick.